20 Most Useful Link Building Tips
Link building for websites is an important element in the promotion of website. If a website gets a number of links it gets a great standing in the search engine rankings and consequently greater traffic. Let’s find out the 20 most important link building tips so that you get more targeted traffic.
1. Build a blog. If you want to get link for your website on your own then the best bet is to run several blogs and post frequently. You can embed links in your posts but remember not to misuse the platform as it can backfire in being marked as spam by the search engines.
2. Write articles. Publish articles and get them published on different websites – there are hundreds of them out there on the internet. Sparingly use links in those articles; not more than 2 or 3 in an average sized article.
3. PPC programs. There are many pay-per-click programs available. By using such tools you will be paying for the links through the search engines or on other platforms where such programs run. Set your budget according to your needs and expenses you can afford.
4. Monitor the Traffic. It is important to know the users who are visiting your blogs or reading your articles. Offer them with news updates in their inbox.
5. Build Lists. Just see how attractive the title of your article is. Use such titles in the links as well. Don’t forget to follow it up with the mandatory content.
6. Link to Popular Sites. The best way to get a link from other websites is to embed their web link on your site or blog. As webmasters track the traffic coming from your website, they will usually be generous enough to post a back link for your site.
7. Affiliate Links. If you run an established business then it is not a bad idea to offer opportunities such as 2nd or 3rd tier affiliate programs. In all likelihood you will get an increase in visitor numbers coming to your website.
8. Discussion Forum. Join discussion forums and post links to your website on them. They normally mark promotion links as spam but if you are their premium members they won’t object to even those links.
9. Wikipedia. One of the most popular resources of information on the internet. If you are running a famous company or have a decent selling proposition then there is every chance that you will find a related page of Wikipedia on which you can post the link to your site.
10. Product Reviews. Search on the internet for the competitors in your niche. Write reviews on their products and include your product as well. This will draw quality traffic to the pages where your product is placed.
11. Blog Directories. If you have started a new blog then submit it to the popular blog directories so that it has a chance to appear in the ‘featured’ blogs.
12. Sponsored Links. You will need higher investments if you are going to sponsor a link on busy websites. The notion of ‘you get what you pay for’ comes in here. But don’t forget the issue of relevance as an uninterested is of no good.
13. Free Stuff. If you start offering some free stuff on your website then it is obvious that more people will tend to remember your webpage. You have every right to embed the link with such products.
14. Visibility. It is important to notice how visible the link on your content page is. Make it as clear as possible but don’t let it look bizarre to a common user.
15. YouTube. There is no doubt about the effectiveness of YouTube in bringing all the desired video content on our computer screens. You can embed links to your website through videos and also the comments slots that are available for each video.
16. Social Media. The importance of social media in marketing campaigns cannot be over stated. Although there is a limit on presenting the links in the comments or posts on social media but you can still get a lot of traffic by posting ads on social media sites.
17. PR. Effective relationship with people around you can help you get a lot links. Nowadays many people run a personal website if not a business one. Ask your friends and acquaintances for links to your website but don’t forget the relevance of content when getting such links.
18. Don’t Focus Only on Homepage. Sometimes website owners just link to the homepage of a website. Although a well-organized homepage can cover all the important components of a website but it is better to link all the important pages.
19. Avoid Link Farms. You will find many companies who offer link building fast and economical. But the harsh reality is that this does you more harm than good. Most of the times they will be posting links for your website at irrelevant places. Google will take a note of this and permanently ban your website from appearing in future searches.
20. Be Consistent. Try to get a constant number of links periodically. Set a goal for getting the links on daily or weekly basis and get that number of links on a consistent basis. It is important to let the search engines feel that you are getting those links naturally rather than you having run a viral campaign or bought some links.